On Mon, Jan 25, 2021 at 11:49 AM Jason Gunthorpe wrote: > I've never seen someone implement a NumVF > 256 by co-opting the bus > number. Usually the VF offset already places the VF routing IDs into a different bus number range from the PF. That much at least works today. > Can Linux even assign more bus numbers to a port without firmware > help? Bus numbers are something that requires the root complex to be > aware of to setup routability. I'm not sure, presumably something already infers this for the first additional bus number based on the SR-IOV config capability? Regards, Edwin Peer