On Sat, 8 Sep 2018 at 12:13, Jeff King wrote: > Great (and sorry for the delayed response). No problem, I know it's not the most urgent bug ever :) > So I think this is doing the right thing. I'm not sure if there's a > better way to explain "dashless" or not. I've updated the comments and renamed a few variables, see if that helps. > Do you feel comfortable trying to add something to the test suite for > this? Um, sort of. I managed to recast my script into the framework of the other tests (see attached t4299-octopus.sh); it seems like it should go into t4202-log.sh, but it's not clear to me how I can do this without breaking all the other tests which expect a certain sequence of commits.