On Sat, 5 Jun 2021 at 10:38, Adrian Freihofer wrote: > > What I'm getting at is that I'm not sure if this should be in oe-core > > if nothing in oe-core or other public layers actually benefits from > > this. > > > > A much stronger case would be to enable these reports in some existing > > recipe, then extend the ptest infrastructure on the yocto autobuilder > > to make good use of them. > > Right, my goal here is primarily to support application development. > But we should not consider application development as a "weak case". It > is probably the area where most companies using Yocto put the most > effort into embedded device development. Yocto should therefore provide > the best possible support. > I don't know if there are packages in Yocto core that could benefit > from using JUnit or similar reports. I also don't know how this would > then be integrated with Buildbot. However, in the industry I see mostly > test frameworks like googletest and auto-builders like Jenkins and > GitLab CI that support rendering such reports. > From that perspective, yes. I guess it should be RP's call to take it or not, maybe we need a third opinion. Alex