From: Archit Pandey <architpandeynitk@gmail.com>
To: Stephen Hemminger <stephen@networkplumber.org>
Cc: dev@dpdk.org, users@dpdk.org,
	 Gokul Bargaje <gokulbargaje.182009@nitk.edu.in>,
	 "Mohit P. Tahiliani" <tahiliani@nitk.edu.in>,
	Tarun Anand <anandtarun2@gmail.com>,
	 Sanjana Krishnam <sanjanakrishnam@gmail.com>,
	"Avinash ." <avinash.182cs009@nitk.edu.in>,
	 Leslie Monis <lesliemonis@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [dpdk-dev] Queue Management Support in DPDK
Date: Sun, 2 Aug 2020 15:12:40 +0530	[thread overview]

Hi Stephen,

Thanks for the reply.

On Thu, Jul 30, 2020 at 12:37 AM Stephen Hemminger
<stephen@networkplumber.org> wrote:

> rte_sched is not a generic AQM mechanism. You will have to write a new
> replacement for rte_sched if you want something else.

Yes, we did realize that rte_sched is not suitable for AQM algorithms.
We have implemented a bare-bones AQM mechanism that is independent of rte_sched.
Using this implementation we have successfully added and tested PIE and CoDel.

> I would recommend starting with Cake. It is latest and most complete
> and the developers are active and friendly.

CAKE can be added using what we have built, but before we do that we wanted
to know if such a feature would be welcomed by the community. Subsequently,
we will submit an RFC patch series to the dev mailing list.

Thanks,
Archit Pandey.

--
Archit Pandey