On Wed, Dec 8, 2021 at 10:57 PM Michael Opdenacker < michael.opdenacker@bootlin.com> wrote: > Quentin, Nico, > > On 12/3/21 11:51 AM, Quentin Schulz wrote: > > > > I think all our issues always come down to this weird and inefficient > > organization we have for docs and common files between doc releases. > > We'll need to settle on something one day because I don't think what > > we're doing today is working :/ > > > Thanks for your reviews. Good to know that the "transition" branch is > still in use in spite of what I wrongly believed. > It indeed, it's a good idea to see what other projects are doing. Maybe > what we are doing is unnecessarily complicated. > > Look at Python docs (https://docs.python.org/) for example. They have a > switcher as we do, and also a left bar the latest versions and a > separate page for all versions. However, such versions are only shown on > the top page. When you enter one of the documents though for a given > version, the left bar is used for navigation between sections instead, > and you no longer have references to other versions. > docs.pythong.org is where we stole the idea of the switcher ;-) Would anyone be able to figure out if their 'publishing' script is available anywhere? if we could mimic that somehow that might be good. > > Let's keep thinking about this, to find an easier to manage solution. > Thanks again > Michael. > > -- > Michael Opdenacker, Bootlin > Embedded Linux and Kernel engineering > https://bootlin.com > >