From: Takeshi Hamasaki <hmatrjp@users.sourceforge.jp>
To: openembedded-devel@lists.openembedded.org
Subject: Re: build dependency cycles in openembedded
Date: Tue, 19 Feb 2013 00:07:36 +0900	[thread overview]

Before continuing to write reply,
I want to make sure about the usage of the word "native":

in OpenEmbedded recipe, let's say, when you work on a x86-64 system to build
for target system which has ARM architecture,

if you want to borrow a xz tool from x86-64 environment: you can write
 DEPENDS = xz-native

if you depends on xz tool build on target environment: you just write
 DEPENDS = xz

Is this the custom you assume?

What I had to find was the word "native" is used to point the target environment
in [1].
--
Takeshi Hamasaki