On Fri, Dec 18, 2020 at 08:33:37PM +0000, Jon Hunter wrote: > > On 18/12/2020 17:54, Linus Torvalds wrote: > > On Fri, Dec 18, 2020 at 7:33 AM Jon Hunter wrote: > >> > >> However, if you are saying that this is a problem/bug with our builders, > >> then of course we will have to get this fixed. > > > > This seems to be a package dependency problem with the gcc plugins - > > they clearly want libgmp, but apparently the package hasn't specified > > that dependency. > > > > If this turns out to be a big problem, I guess we can't simplify the > > plugin check after all. > > > > We historically just disabled gcc-plugins if that header didn't build, > > which obviously meant that it "worked" for people, but it also means > > that clearly the coverage can't have been as good as it could/should > > be. > > > > So if it's as simple as just installing the GNU multiprecision > > libraries ("gmp-devel" on most rpm-based systems, "libgmp-dev" on most > > debian systems), then I think that's the right thing to do. You'll get > > a working build again, and equally importantly, your build servers > > will actually do a better job of covering the different build options. > > > Thanks. I have reported this issue to the team that administers the > builders. So hopefully, they will install the necessary packages for us > now. Just to close the loop on this, the builders now have libgmp-dev and libmpc-dev packages installed and the builds are passing without the workaround we had used. Thierry