On Fri, Apr 09, 2021 at 04:48:41PM -0300, Fabiano Rosas wrote: > "Bruno Larsen (billionai)" writes: > > A general advice for this whole series is: make sure you add in some > words explaining why you decided to make a particular change. It will be > much easier to review if we know what were the logical steps leading to > the change. > > > This commit does the necessary code motion from translate_init.c.inc > > For instance, I don't immediately see why these changes are necessary. I > see that translate_init.c.inc already has some `#ifdef CONFIG_TCG`, so > why do we need to move a bunch of code into cpu.c instead of just adding > more code under ifdef CONFIG_TCG? (I'm not saying it's wrong, just trying to > understand the reasoning). > > Is translate_init.c.inc intended to be TCG only? But then I see you > moved TCG-only functions out of it (ppc_fixup_cpu) and left not TCG-only > functions (gen_spr_generic). > > > This moves all functions that start with gdb_* into target/ppc/gdbstub.c > > and creates a new function that calls those and is called by ppc_cpu_realize > > This looks like it makes sense regardless of disable-tcg, could we have > it in a standalone patch? > > > All functions related to realizing the cpu have been moved to cpu.c, which > > may call functions from gdbstub or translate_init > > Again, I don't disagree with this, but at first sight it doesn't seem > entirely related to disabling TCG. Fabioano's points seconded. This isn't necessarily a bad idea, but a rationale would really help. -- David Gibson | I'll have my music baroque, and my code david AT gibson.dropbear.id.au | minimalist, thank you. NOT _the_ _other_ | _way_ _around_! http://www.ozlabs.org/~dgibson