Hi Junio, On Thu, 1 Sep 2016, Junio C Hamano wrote: > Jakub Narębski writes: > > > I wonder how probable is situation where we save instruction sheet > > for interactive rebase, with shortened SHA-1, and during rebase > > shortened SHA-1 stops being unambiguous... > > It is my understanding that the shortened ones are only for end-user > consumption. The insn sheet internally uses fully expanded form for > this exact reason, and then abbreviated back at each step before the > updated one is presented to the end-user. Uniqueness guarantee is > enforced with new objects created during each step taken into > account by doing it this way. Indeed, the rebase -i shortens the SHA-1s just before letting the user edit git-rebase-todo and then expands them back. Ciao, Dscho