On Thu, 15 Mar 2018, Radim Krèmáø wrote: > 2018-03-15 16:19+0100, Vitaly Kuznetsov: > > This works. But hell, this is a crude hack :-) Not sure if there's a > > cleaner way to find what needs to be patched without something like jump > > label table ... > > Yeah, I can see us accidently patching parts of other instructions. :) > > The target instruction address can be made into a C-accessible symbol > with the same trick that vmx_return uses -- add a .global containing the > address of a label (not sure if a more direct approach would work). > > The evil in me likes it. (The good is too lazy to add a decent patching > infrastructure for just one user.) Can we just use jump labels please? There is agreement that 4.17 will have a dependency on a jump label capable compiler for x86. Thanks, tglx