On Tue, 19 May 2020, Markus Elfring wrote: > >> With which SmPL constructs should be ensured that a search pattern > >> like “<+... f(...) ...+>” refers only to content from the same logical source line? > >> https://en.cppreference.com/w/c/language/translation_phases#Phase_2 > > > > Please stop asking the same question over and over. > > I hope that the expected and actually supported software functionality > will become clearer. > > > > In the context of a macro definition, <+... f(...) ...+> will only match > > what is from the same logical source line. > > Does the functionality of the SmPL nest construct change according to > previous source code? > > Are there more aspects to consider for the safe handling of physical source lines? > > > > Because that is all that there is in a macro definition. > > We hope so also according to the initial clarification request for this issue. > > > > If Coccinelle is working on a macro definition, it works only on that macro definition. > > Such an expectation can eventually be fine. > > Did I overlook any information for this detail in the software documentation so far? > https://github.com/coccinelle/coccinelle/blob/7cf2c23e64066d5249a64a316cc5347831f7a63f/docs/manual/cocci_syntax.tex#L1736 > > > > If it is working on a function definition, it works only on that function definition. > > Does the position of the define directive influence this view? I believe that the #defines inside of other top-level definitions are ignored. julia