On Sun, 7 Nov 2021, Markus Elfring wrote: > > Because a lot of the changes there are mechanistic, I thought it would be a > > good idea to perform them via coccinelle semantic patch. But it's my first > > attempt at large real usage of spatch, and it probably shows. > > I guess that your clarification request will trigger further collateral > evolution. > Thus I suggest to reconsider also another commit message from your software > development branch accordingly. > https://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/vbabka/linux.git/commit/?h=slab-struct_slab-v1r8&id=8a685ebb3b2a10c1d781d5b3e6ad0315ce9323d6 > > “This patch splits several declarations of multiple variables, or declarations > that include initial assignments, to separate lines, due to my inability to > make a coccinelle semantic patch match on those declarations.” > > * How do you think about to specify desirable change preparations by the means > of > the semantic patch language? > > * Will any guidance help to find nicer solutions? Luis already proposed a perfectly reasonable solution. julia