On 27.09.22 12:10, Borislav Petkov wrote: > On Tue, Sep 27, 2022 at 10:57:37AM +0200, Juergen Gross wrote: >> TBH I don't see the point of having an accessor which is just setting a >> variable to "true". But if you like it better, I can keep it. > > Accessors are always better, no matter how silly. :) Okay, then I'll keep it. > But, in trying to grok your next patch - you really should split those > more complex ones because they're a pain to review - I'm starting to > wonder whether we could even remove mtrr_aps_delayed_init and make the > delayed init the default. > > Because, AFAICT, set_mtrr_aps_delayed_init() is called by default > by native_smp_prepare_cpus(). Which is called by hyperv and > arch/x86/xen/smp_hvm.c. > > The only one that's not calling it is arch/x86/xen/smp_pv.c but that > thing doesn't support MTRRs in the first place, right? Correct. > Which means, it doesn't need delayed MTRR init anyway. > > Which would then mean that this would simplify this ugly logic even more. > > Or am I missing an angle? Yes: cpu hotplug. Juergen