On 2018-10-06 07:23 PM, evan d wrote: > I have two hard drives that were never partitioned, but set up as two > independent BRTFS filesystems. Both drives were used in the same > machine running Arch Linux and the drives contain(ed) largely static > data. > > I decommissioned the machine they were originally used in and on > installing in a newer Arch build found that BRTFS reported no > filesystem on either of the drives. > > uname -a: > Linux z87i-pro 4.18.9-arch1-1-ARCH #1 SMP PREEMPT Wed Sep 19 21:19:17 > UTC 2018 x86_64 GNU/Linux > > btrfs --version: btrfs-progs v4.17.1 > btrfs fi show: returns no data Did you try a btrfs device scan ? (Normally, that would be done on boot, but depending on how your arch was configured, or if the devices are available early enough in the boot process....)