On 2018-10-31 14:35, Dave Hansen wrote: > On 10/31/18 2:30 PM, Sean Christopherson wrote: >> AFAIK there isn't a way to prevent userspace from manually invoking >> EENTER, short of doing some really nasty text poking or PTE swizzling. >> We could declare using EENTER as unsupported, > > Yep, userspace can call it all it wants, and we can also say that > calling it outside the vdso is "undefined". Is there a precedent for this? Are there any other ring 3 x86 instructions that Linux is claiming to be "undefined" when executed by a user process? -- Jethro Beekman | Fortanix