On 08/03/2017 07:03 AM, Oliver Hartkopp wrote: >> Patch 9 removed the need for struct raw_sock::ifindex from the raw sock, by >> using struct sock::sk_bound_dev_if from the generic socket structure. > > Have a bad feeling on that - will comment later. >> Patch 11: Cleans up the newly integrated CAN net namespace support. > > need to review >> Patches 13-14: Where to put the per device protocol specific memory? af_can >> allocated it's memory during a netdev_notifier call, life cycle proves to be >> rather complicated (see remove_on_zero_entries, etc...), adding the j1939 >> memory makes it even more compilcated. So I decided to allocate the memory >> during the allocation if net_device. And this seems to work. More details in >> the individual patches. > > 'Seems to work' sounds frightening. There was a racy reason to have that > implementation as-is. Although this approach sounds interesting. Need to > review too. > > I'm currently pretty busy at work. > Please to not push these things without my ACK (as we had it with the > namespace support where I crashed my easter holiday to fix/implement all > the missing stuff to fit the merge window). Have you found some time to look at these issues? regards, Marc -- Pengutronix e.K. | Marc Kleine-Budde | Industrial Linux Solutions | Phone: +49-231-2826-924 | Vertretung West/Dortmund | Fax: +49-5121-206917-5555 | Amtsgericht Hildesheim, HRA 2686 | http://www.pengutronix.de |