From: Ayan Kumar Halder <ayan.kumar.halder@xilinx.com>
To: <linux-ide@vger.kernel.org>
Cc: <axboe@kernel.dk>, <linux-kernel@vger.kernel.org>,
	Stefano Stabellini <sstabellini@kernel.org>,
	Stefano Stabellini <stefano.stabellini@xilinx.com>
Subject: Need help to debug ata errors
Date: Fri, 3 Dec 2021 11:11:53 +0000	[thread overview]

Hi All,

I am trying to run linux as a DomU guest on Xen with AHCI assigned to it.
I can confirm that SATA works (ie able to detect sdb) as a Dom0 guest.
However, it does not work as a DomU guest.

Hardware :- ZCU102 board and it has two sata ports
Kernel :- 5.10

I have enabled the debug logs in drivers/ata

1. Logs from dom0 (where SATA works) https://pastebin.com/2BhMDq47
2. Logs from domU (where SATA does not work) https://pastebin.com/fE8WZnZ0

Can some help me to answer these questions
1. What does this mean "1st FIS failed" ?

2. In the dom0 logs, PORT_SCR_ERR = 0x41d0002 whereas in domU logs,
PORT_SCR_ERR = 0. Does it give some hints ?

3. Any other issues or hints to debug this ?

I can confirm that in domU scenario, we do not get any interrupts from
the device. What might be going wrong here ?

Thanks in advance.

Kind regards,
Ayan