On 2021-06-16 1:24 pm, Alexander Kanavin wrote: > On Wed, 16 Jun 2021 at 16:58, simon wrote: > >> - There's a warning about not finding the IRIS driver: >> MESA_LOADER: failed to open iris: /usr/lib/dri/iris_dri.so: cannot >> open >> shared object file: No such file or directory >> failed to load driver: iris >> >> But from what I was able to understand, I was expecting it would be >> available with mesa 21.0.3 since I've seen some commit about fixing >> issue with it in the change logs. >> >> I've tried to force the driver to both i965 and i915 but I either got >> a >> warning that this GEN cannot use it or still got the same fps. >> Am I right to assume that it goes to a default driver that uses the >> CPU >> instead of the GPU? > > Hello Simon, > > I honestly don't know how Intel folks have overlooked this, but mesa in > yocto not only does not enable iris, the mesa recipe does not even have > an option to enable it. > > However, it should be pretty easy to add. Please take a look at > poky/meta/recipes-graphics/mesa/mesa.inc, specificially any lines that > mention GALLIUMDRIVERS and matching PACKAGECONFIG, > and you should be able to add iris there, and rebuild your image. Then > you can submit your first patch to yocto via oe-core mailing list ;) > > Alex Hello Alex, I was able to fix the iris driver issue with the following added to mesa.inc GALLIUMDRIVERS_append = "${@bb.utils.contains('PACKAGECONFIG', 'iris', ',iris', '', d)}" I will look into sending the patch thanks a lot for your help Simon