Hi Ævar, On Fri, 20 May 2022, Ævar Arnfjörð Bjarmason wrote: > > On Wed, May 18 2022, Junio C Hamano wrote: > > > Ævar Arnfjörð Bjarmason writes: > > > >>> +test_expect_success '`scalar [...] ` errors out when dir is missing' ' > >>> + ! scalar run config cloned 2>err && > >> > >> Needs to use test_must_fail, not ! > > > > Good eyes and careful reading are very much appreciated, but in this > > case, doesn't such an improvement depend on an update to teach > > test_must_fail_acceptable about scalar being whitelisted? > > Yes, I think so (but haven't tested it just now), but it's a relatively > small change to t/test-lib-functions.sh. Let it be noted that I fully agree with Junio that good eyes and careful reading are very much appreciated. And that in this case, that would have implied noticing that `test_must_fail` is reserved for Git commands. Scalar is not (yet?) a Git command. Ciao, Johannes