On Fri, Jul 31, 2020 at 05:58:00PM +0200, Lars-Peter Clausen wrote: > On 7/31/20 5:47 PM, Cezary Rojewski wrote: > > Patchset targets entire ASoC framework, not Intel catalog. As > > _initialize and _add are already in place, having a two-step > > registration is cohesive with other "frameworks" e.g. device one. > For what it is worth, I think this is a sensible change for the outlined > reasons. It's something I've always had in the back of my mind, but there > was never enough of a need to actually do it. Yeah, it's a common pattern in the kernel and someone might want it so there's no great reason not to do it. > One change I'd like to see is the addition of snd_soc_component_alloc(), > which combines the step of kzalloc() and snd_soc_component_init() as these > will be done pretty much always in lockstep. And it also matches the APIs > that other frameworks offer. That'd be good.