Hello, I bought a laptop with integrated sound output (either to speakers or headphones), and a HDMI output. Attached is the output of `aplay -l`. Under both PipeWire and PulseAudio, I only get a single output/sink (by default to the built-in output), but I can get simultaneous output to both: - under PulseAudio, by adding a `load-module module-alsa-sink device=hw:0,7` line to the config; - under PipeWire, by adding a profile to the card to enable both outputs, which correctly provides two outputs that work fine concurrently. I was directed to this mailing list after the following discussion: > It's a kernel ALSA bug if SOF actually must contain enough data for the driver to figure this out (or at least pass that data on to userspace to deal with it) > if [we are] right that hardware itself does not contain the required data, then it can only be fixed in userspace via a card database > which is one thing to do, another would be maybe a heuristic rule that attempts to guess if such cards with analog and digital sub-devices might be independent Please tell me if more details are needed—it would be nice if hardware configurations like mine could be fully supported out of the box ^^ Cheers, ~ ISSOtm