Lucas - Ping on my question and also I attached this temporary solution for etnaviv to clarify my point. If that something acceptable for now at least i can do the same for v3d where it requires a bit more code changes. Andrey On 2/6/20 10:49 AM, Andrey Grodzovsky wrote: >> Well a revert would break our driver. >> >> The real solution is that somebody needs to sit down, gather ALL the >> requirements and then come up with a solution which is clean and >> works for everyone. >> >> Christian. > > > I can to take on this as indeed our general design on this becomes > more and more entangled as GPU reset scenarios grow in complexity (at > least in AMD driver). Currently I am on a high priority internal task > which should take me around a week or 2 to finish and after that I can > get to it. > > Regarding temporary solutionĀ  - I looked into v3d and etnaviv use > cases and we in AMD actually face the same scenario where we decide to > skip HW reset if the guilty job did finish by the time we are > processing the timeoutĀ  (see amdgpu_device_gpu_recover and > skip_hw_reset goto) - the difference is we always call > drm_sched_stop/start irrespectively of whether we are going to > actually HW reset or not (same as extend timeout). I wonder if > something like this can be done also for ve3 and etnaviv ? > > Andrey