Hi! > This patch series adds support for PCIe EP on Renesas R-Car Gen3 and > RZ/G2x platforms. I quickly went through a series and code seems reasonably nice. > * Since the changes are huge I am sending the patches as RFC. And yes, it is quite big, which might be a problem. OTOH only Renesas seems to have PCIe EP drivers enabled in their CIP defconfigs, so there's good chance noone else in CIP project is using this code. [If someone else _is_ using it or is considering using it, please speak up.] Could we get better explanation for 24/ of the series? spinlock is okay as long as code inside does not sleep, does not neccessarily have to do with interrupts. Should 30/ and 31/ be submitted to stable? > * Required EP framework changes and fixes are ported as well. > * All the patches have been cheery picked from upstream kernel. > * Patches [43, 44, 45, 46, 48]/50 are picked from linux-next. Ok, so we definitely want them in upstream, not in -next. And it might be good to wait a bit after merge, so it gets some testing in upstream. > * I was skeptic with patch 36/50 "Rename pcie-rcar.c to pcie-rcar-host.c" > this is required as patch 38/50 adds a new file named pcie-rcar.c. Open > for suggestions if this can be handled differently. > * In patch 37/48 I have dropped the changes for host driver as the patch > doesn't apply cleanly and manually applying it was resulting in a > big diff. Let me take a look at these in bigger detail. > * As the changes touches three other controller drivers I have build tested them > as done similarly while upstreaming R-Car Gen3 PCIe EP driver. Will this be tested somehow by our automated tests? Best regards, Pavel -- DENX Software Engineering GmbH, Managing Director: Wolfgang Denk HRB 165235 Munich, Office: Kirchenstr.5, D-82194 Groebenzell, Germany