Hello Jan, Thanks for the details. This gives us an idea on what we could do next. Thanks for your immediate support. We will get in touch with NXP for this. Regards, Lakshmi On Wed, Oct 21, 2020 at 4:27 PM Jan Kiszka wrote: > Hi Lakshmi, > > On 21.10.20 11:50, Lakshmi Natarajan wrote: > > Hello Jan, > > > > This is regarding requests for CSI support in the IMX processor. > > We were using Yocto + NXP provided kernel to use the CSI peripheral of > > the IMX6 processor. We have complete support from NXP for their kernel > > along with the Yocto framework. > > We want to move to CIP 4.19 + ISAR framework. > > When we checked CIP kernel 4.19 - there was no support for CSI interface > > as well as there were some differences in the arch support too. > > After study of the NXP provided framework, we found that they use the > > kernel from https://source.codeaurora.org/external/imx/linux-imxand > > commit ID 0f9917c56d5995e1dc3bde5658e2d7bc865464de. > > Even linux kernel 5.9 doesn't have the imx specific support. > > That's unfortunate. > > > Can you guide us on how we should proceed with the same - will it be > > possible for CIP to add IMX support (or) should we request NXP to add > > the patch for CIP kernel 4.19 > > Yes, please reach out to NXP and ask what their answer for upstream is, > today or at least for the future. It's their issue in the first place. > Also for that, you should prepare with naming the kernel interfaces or > drivers you need in more details. > > If NXP cannot or do not want to answer this appropriately, plan B) will > be identifying the patches they provide on top of the upstream kernel, > optimally 4.19. Those patches then needs to be applied on top of the CIP > kernel but, as they are unfortunately downstream only, you will then > have to maintain them for your product and can't propose them for the > CIP kernel. > > Best regards, > Jan > > > > > Regards, > > Lakshmi > > > > > > On Tue, Oct 20, 2020 at 5:48 PM Rajashree Sankar > > > > wrote: > > > > Hello Jan, > > We have used Yocto Framework provided by NXP from the following link > > < > https://www.nxp.com/design/development-boards/i-mx-evaluation-and-development-boards/evaluation-kit-for-the-i-mx-6ull-and-6ulz-applications-processor:MCIMX6ULL-EVK?fpsp=1#documentsandsoftware > >.Refer > > to the Document > > > > > > L4.19.35_1.1.0_LINUX_DOCS > > < > https://www.nxp.com/webapp/Download?colCode=L4.19.35_1.1.0_LINUX_DOCS> > > in the above mentioned link. > > > > The DT-bindings and the IMX Camera capture information will be > > available by following the steps mentioned in the document > > i.MX_Yocto_Project_User's_Guide from the above link. > > The Kernel which we are using is fetched from the bitbake files > > attached below( linux-yocto_4.19.bb and > > its append).Could you please let us know whether CSI Camera capture > > supported in this kernel be included in the Linux CIP? > > > > Thanks and Regards, > > Rajashree Sankar > > > > > > > > CONFIDENTIALITY > > This e-mail message and any attachments thereto, is intended only for > > use by the addressee(s) named herein and may contain legally privileged > > and/or confidential information. If you are not the intended recipient > > of this e-mail message, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, > > distribution or copying of this e-mail message, and any attachments > > thereto, is strictly prohibited. If you have received this e-mail > > message in error, please immediately notify the sender and permanently > > delete the original and any copies of this email and any prints thereof. > > ABSENT AN EXPRESS STATEMENT TO THE CONTRARY HEREINABOVE, THIS E-MAIL IS > > NOT INTENDED AS A SUBSTITUTE FOR A WRITING. Notwithstanding the Uniform > > Electronic Transactions Act or the applicability of any other law of > > similar substance and effect, absent an express statement to the > > contrary hereinabove, this e-mail message its contents, and any > > attachments hereto are not intended to represent an offer or acceptance > > to enter into a contract and are not otherwise intended to bind the > > sender, Sanmina Corporation (or any of its subsidiaries), or any other > > person or entity. > > -- > Siemens AG, T RDA IOT > Corporate Competence Center Embedded Linux > -- CONFIDENTIALITY This e-mail message and any attachments thereto, is intended only for use by the addressee(s) named herein and may contain legally privileged and/or confidential information. If you are not the intended recipient of this e-mail message, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this e-mail message, and any attachments thereto, is strictly prohibited. If you have received this e-mail message in error, please immediately notify the sender and permanently delete the original and any copies of this email and any prints thereof. ABSENT AN EXPRESS STATEMENT TO THE CONTRARY HEREINABOVE, THIS E-MAIL IS NOT INTENDED AS A SUBSTITUTE FOR A WRITING. Notwithstanding the Uniform Electronic Transactions Act or the applicability of any other law of similar substance and effect, absent an express statement to the contrary hereinabove, this e-mail message its contents, and any attachments hereto are not intended to represent an offer or acceptance to enter into a contract and are not otherwise intended to bind the sender, Sanmina Corporation (or any of its subsidiaries), or any other person or entity.