Hello, is there a way to capture in a statement list the comments and empty lines between statements? I've got asked for scripting help to merge a ton of helper functions into their only caller. Of course it is trivial to do with coccinelle. But the comments and empty lines get lost in the process: spatch merge.cocci -D func=foo_base merge.c > merge.diff It is not a big issue, only about 55 functions to merge. So I can either use the above script and add the comments and newlines back. Or copy the stuff manually. thanks bye michael