On Fri, 11 Oct 2019, Markus Elfring wrote: > > And what is the questionable source code place? > > I find implementation details occasionally questionable where checks for variables > which provide a stored function return value are missing. > The possibility remains that also your search pattern suggestion will point > update candidates out at other places than the implementation of the mentioned > function “imx_pd_bind”. Blah, blah, blah. So many words. So little information. What is the name of the file and the line number at which you get a result that you find inacceptable with my rule? If you can't answer that simple question, I'm not going to discuss this further. julia > > How do you think about the following SmPL script variant? > > @display@ > expression x, y; > identifier f, md; > @@ > *(x)->md = kmemdup(...); > ... when != (x)->md > (((x)->md)->f > |f(..., <+... x ...+>, ...) > |(y = x) > ) > > > Regards, > Markus >