On Sun, 27 Oct 2019, Markus Elfring wrote: > Hello, > > I hoped to achieve something together with the semantic patch language > by the following search pattern. > > @display@ > identifier action, driver; > @@ > static struct platform_driver driver = > { > <+... > *.remove = action > ...+> > }; > > > Unfortunately, I stumble on another error message. > > elfring@Sonne:~/Projekte/Coccinelle/janitor> spatch --parse-cocci show_designated_initialisers6.cocci > … > minus: parse error: > File "show_designated_initialisers6.cocci", line 7, column 1, charpos = 91 > around = '.', > whole content = *.remove = action > > > How would you like to clarify the software behaviour for > such an use case? I don't know why you would even expect this to work. .remove is not a mainingful construct in the C language. It is part of one, but it is not a construct by itself. julia