On Fri, 27 Mar 2020, Christoph Böhmwalder wrote: > Am 27.03.20 um 16:47 schrieb Julia Lawall:> Are you sure that the C code is > parsed successfully? I'm not at all sure > > that static is allowed in an argument list. Types are allowed, bu static > > is only part of a type. > > I'm pretty sure it is parsed successfully. At least spatch doesn't complain > about it, no matter how many debug flags I specify. Did you try spatch --parse-c file.c? > > I really only want to swap out the last parameter, but I'm having trouble > coming up with the syntax. This should match, right? > > @@ > declarer name RB_DECLARE_CALLBACKS_MAX; > identifier NODE_END; > @@ > RB_DECLARE_CALLBACKS_MAX(..., > - NODE_END > + compute_subtree_last > ); If the code is getting parsed, this should be fine. Do you want to actually match NODE_END? If so, it shouldn't be declared as a metavariable. julia > > For augment_callbacks, either identifier or expression would be fine. > > Coccinelle has no idea what is going to happen to augment_callbacks > > afterwards. It just sees a sequence of characters and classifies it as an > > identifier. > > That's what I thought, thank you for confirming. > > > julia >