On Thu, 16 Apr 2020, Markus Elfring wrote: > >> Would I need any extra parameters here? > > > > Perhaps -I options to help it find the relevant .h file. > > I wonder why the relevant header files would not be found directly > from the corresponding Git repository. OK, it seems that the structure is defined in the same file so no include options should be needed. But I have now lost track of what the semantic patch actually is, so I don't know what is the problem. julia > > Can a file inclusion failure become an immediate SmPL script execution error > when a special program parameter would be passed? > > > Can it be that the pointer variable “priv” to the data structure “rcar_i2c_priv” > distracts from the desired understanding of a questionable software situation > when the relevant declaration is provided in the same source file? > https://elixir.bootlin.com/linux/v5.7-rc1/source/drivers/i2c/busses/i2c-rcar.c#L119 > https://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/torvalds/linux.git/tree/drivers/i2c/busses/i2c-rcar.c?id=8632e9b5645bbc2331d21d892b0d6961c1a08429#n119 > > Regards, > Markus >