connman.lists.linux.dev archive mirror
From: daniel antoine <univac55@gmail.com>
To: connman@lists.linux.dev
Subject: connman-vpn does'nt work with wireguard
Date: Wed, 24 Apr 2024 08:05:56 +0200	[thread overview]

Hi

I have installed wireguards-tools on my system and I am able to
connect to a VPN server friend with the command wg-quick up 'name of
the interface' . The configuration file in /etc/wiregard has a host
with a FQDN as blabla.com  . It also works if I replace the host by an
IP address (IPv4 or IPv6).

I have adapted the configuration file in /var/lib/connman-plugin like vpn.config

[provider_wireguard]
Type = WireGuard
Name = vpn
Host = balabla.com
WireGuard.Address = 10.0.6.5 /24
WireGuard.PrivateKey = xxxx
WireGuard.PublicKey = zzzz
WireGuard.AllowedIPs = 10.0.6.0/24
WireGuard.EndpointPort = 51822
WireGuard.PersistentKeepalive = 25

My display environment is enlightenment. I see the connection "vpn" in
the connection window. When I click on it , wg show vpn displays the
connection to the server, a ip a command shows an interface wg0  but
it drops after some seconds. I can ping the server 10.0.6.1 until it
drops.

If I replace the FQDN by an IP address in this file , for an IPv4
address it makes the wifi connection shutdown and returns. My laptop
is connected by wifi to my livebox. If I put an IPv6 address it does
nothing, no interface wg0 is created.

connmanctl shows the vpn service with the command services and the vpn
connection is present in vpnconnection

My first question is why connman does not accept an IP address IPv4 or
IPv6 . I have compiled wiregard-tools with WITH_BASHCOMPLETION=yes
and WITH_WGQUICK=yes

After why the connection drops

Best regards

Daniel