On 01/09/16 10:13, Luigi Tarenga wrote: > hi, > I just find a problem in the dash distributed with arch linux. > I didn't tested from dash source but the bug can be easily > checked: > > dash 0.5.9-1 > > $ echo one two three > one two three > $ > $ echo -n one two three > one$ Yikes. > with -n option it stop after printing one more parameter... > do you have the same problem or it's caused by a patch in arch? That's caused by , not by Arch. It's scary that this has gone totally unnoticed for more than a year. While the original code implementing the echo command was overly complicated, the simplified version does not do the right thing, as you noticed. Here's another attempt at a simplified implementation. > Luigi