Op 28-02-17 om 04:39 schreef Martijn Dekker: > Op 28-02-17 om 00:17 schreef Martijn Dekker: >> Here is a version that does that, and removes '=' and '!' from the list >> of shell-safe characters. This should fix all the issues you were >> reporting, hopefully making the xtrace output completely safe for shell >> re-entry. It introduces a new function is_kwd() that checks if a string >> is identical to a shell keyword/reserved word. >> >> Attached are two patches: one incremental to my previous one, and one >> against pristine dash 0.5.9.1. > > There's a bug in my code. Empties need to be quoted, or they'll > disappear. A simple check for the first character being null fixes it. > > Once again, one incremental patch against v2, one against pristine dash > 0.5.9.1. My is_kwd() function was redundant; findkwd() already exists. Take four... and sorry for the noise. - M.