Paul Eggert via tz writes: > We need a new release soon to address the time zone chaos in > Lebanon. One option is to revert 2023b's data and go back to 2023a as > I suggested earlier. Another is to record the chaos in more detail in > the data. The attached proposed patch (which I installed into the > developmental repository on GitHub) takes the former approach, as I > expect the latter would cause more problems than it would cure. This > follows a similar (although not identical) precedent in Rio de Janeiro > in 1993. > > In short, the patch would make 2023c identical to 2023a except for > comments, which do not count as part of the data. > > It is a confusing and controversial situation. Comments welcome. In > the meantime I again suggest to downstream distributors to stick with > 2023a and avoid 2023b. > > [2. text/x-patch; 0001-Revert-2023b-s-data-changes.patch]...