On Fri, Aug 14, 2020 at 04:45:39PM +0200, Karol Herbst wrote: > On Fri, Aug 14, 2020 at 4:08 PM Thierry Reding wrote: > > > > On Thu, Aug 13, 2020 at 05:39:39PM +0200, Karol Herbst wrote: > > > btw, I just noticed that wayland with gnome-shell is totally busted. > > > With this MR it at least displays something, but without it doesn't > > > work at all. > > > > Interesting, one of my typical test cases is to run Weston with a couple > > of test programs (like weston-simple-egl). Those usually work. I'll go > > run a few more tests to see where we are. > > > > To clarify, is this gnome-shell/wayland issue happening with Mesa's > > mainline, or with James' patches already applied? > > > > mainline. It does work for me on weston, but that's because weston is > always modifier aware afaik. For gnome-shell/wayland we have to enable > it to make it work. For some reason I can't get my mouse to work in Weston and it seems like that's the only way to start a terminal... But sounds like that wouldn't be any good anyway since it's different from that use-case. Apart from building gnome-shell, which I recall has a large number of dependencies, are you aware of another use-case that would allow testing the code paths with no modifiers? Sounds like perhaps that would be interesting to add to Weston as a knob to test these somewhat legacy paths. Thierry