On 12/03/2020 16:02, speck for Luck, Tony wrote: > On Thu, Mar 12, 2020 at 08:25:01AM -0700, speck for Luck, Tony wrote: >> On Thu, Mar 12, 2020 at 01:34:50AM +0000, speck for Andrew Cooper wrote: >>> Particularly with this issue where it seems that no hypervisor is >>> interested in offering the knob to guest kernels (so could at least >>> infer based on SRBDS_CTRL), nor is there an ARCH_CAPS_$FOO_NO bit which >>> could be filled in by a hypervisor on unaffected or mitigated hardware. >> Maybe that is the solution? We allocated a s/w (VMM) bit in >> ARCH_CAPABILITIES for the TLB DoS issue for the nested hypervisor case. >> Should we do that again for this issue? > Bah, memory fail. I was actually thinking of bit 3 SKIP_L1DFL_VMENTRY > that told a nested VMM it didn't need to flush L1D again for L1TF as > an outer VMM was already handling that. > >> If you think so, then we can take this discussion to Keybase so >> that the other VMM vendors who hang out there can chime in. >> >> [Note that it isn't my call to allocate a bit in ARCH_CAPABILITIES, >> but I can campaign for it if folks want it]. I think it would certainly be worth while asking. ~Andrew