Hi Jens, > Since we've had a few cases of applications not dealing with this > appopriately, I believe the safest course of action is to ensure that > we don't return short reads when we really don't have to. > > The first patch is just a prep patch that retains iov_iter state over > retries, while the second one actually enables just doing retries if > we get a short read back. > > This passes all my testing, both liburing regression tests but also > tests that explicitly trigger internal short reads and hence retry > based on current state. No short reads are passed back to the > application. Thanks! I was going to ask about exactly that :-) It wasn't clear why returning short reads were justified by resulting in better performance... As it means the application needs to do a lot more work and syscalls. Will this be backported? metze