On 24/04/26 09:01PM, lumingyindetect wrote: > Dear Markus, > > Thank you for your patient guidance and advice! This is my first time submitting a patch, and I haven't fully understood the meaning of "add a commit subject for this tag" yet. Could you please provide some examples or guidance on how to add it? I appreciate your help! > > Best regards, > LuMingYin Hey LuMingYin, just for your information that while he means well the advice from Markus is not always shared by other maintainers and their inablility to adapt to such feedback got them banned for a while on lkml. See i.e. https://lore.kernel.org/all/2024042547-shimmy-guileless-c7f2@gregkh/ for an instance where greg is sending a relevant reply to one of their requested changes / feedback to patches. So just evaluate for yourself whether the feedback makes sense and just go along of the official documentation[0] and feedback you get from the relevant subsystem maintainers. Cheers, chris [0]: https://www.kernel.org/doc/html/v4.17/process/submitting-patches.html