kernel-tls-handshake.lists.linux.dev archive mirror
From: Chuck Lever III <chuck.lever@oracle.com>
To: Guenter Roeck <linux@roeck-us.net>
Cc: Jakub Kicinski <kuba@kernel.org>,
	kernel-tls-handshake <kernel-tls-handshake@lists.linux.dev>,
	"netdev@vger.kernel.org" <netdev@vger.kernel.org>
Subject: Re: Persistent problem with handshake unit tests
Date: Sat, 3 Feb 2024 03:46:51 +0000	[thread overview]

> On Feb 2, 2024, at 3:51 PM, Guenter Roeck <linux@roeck-us.net> wrote:
>
> On 2/2/24 12:49, Guenter Roeck wrote:
>>>
>>> Sorry for sidetracking - how do you run kunit to get all the tests?
>>> We run:
>>>
>>>     ./tools/testing/kunit/kunit.py run --alltests
>>>
>>> but more and more I feel like the --alltests is a cruel joke.
>> I have CONFIG_NET_HANDSHAKE_KUNIT_TEST=y enabled in my configuration.
>> The tests run during boot, so no additional work is needed. I don't run all
>> tests because many take too long to execute in qemu.
>
> Follow-up: If this test isn't supposed to run during boot, please
> let me know and I'll drop it.

These are pretty simple tests that should run quickly. I don't see
a reason to exclude them. Generally the memory environment in the
Kunit test harness is significantly different than the one at boot,
so problems like this do crop up for qemu vs. boot time on occasion.

Question is, has this test started to fail only recently, or has it
been broken since it was merged?

--
Chuck Lever