On Sat, 02 May 2020 23:46:08 +0530, Majji SankaraRao said: > I want to practice writing modules in Linux version 5.3.0-51-generic. > So please guide me by providing related documentation/Steps. Create two functions, one for initializing your module, and one for cleaning up at exit. static int __init init_my_module(void) { printk(KERN_DEBUG "Hello World!\n"); } static void __exit exit_my_module(void) { printk(KERN_DEBUG "Say goodnight, Gracie\n"); } module_init(init_my_module); module_exit(exit_my_module); Everything else isn't how to write a module, it's about how to write whatever code is needed for the function you're trying to add, whether it's a file system, or a new netfilter target, or a device driver, or a network congestion control module, or whatever... And that code basically doesn't care if it's a module or if it's built in to the kernel. So the question becomes: What did you want to do inside the kernel?