On Mon, 29 Jun 2020 00:00:23 +0530, Gautam Bhat said: > Hi, > > When I do a git pull to get the latest changes (from v5.2) , git > status shows the following files as untracked: > > scripts/conmakehash > scripts/pnmtologo > scripts/sortextable > > I don't see the files in .gitignore too but in the earlier version > i.e. v5.2 it is present. These files are binaries, should I go ahead > and delete them? And to add to my reply: How to figure this out for yourself since you already have a git tree... For the first two, I did a 'git grep conmakehash', which told me it was in a different Makefile. 'git blame drivers/tty/vt/Makefile | grep conmakehash' popped out the commit for 'git show'... The last one I had to resort to 'git log | grep -B30 sortextable | more'