On Sat, 05 Dec 2020 22:35:37 +0900, Joontaek Oh said: > So, I am using my laptop with the multi-booting but it is too > space-consuming. > > Moreover, I get work that needs to modify the kernel 3.10.0 for Centos, but > the kernel 3.10.0 is not installed on the Ubuntu any version, and the > kernel 3.10.61 or the kernel 4.18.0 is not installed on Centos. Instead of installing 2 or 3 entire OSs, why not use grub2 for what it's intended for, and just keep multiple kernels in /boot? A 1 gigabyte /boot will hold 20 or so copies of vmlinuz- and matching initramfs-, allowing you to have a 3.10.0, a 3.10.61, a 4.18.0, a 5.8-5.10 kernel or two, and still have room for a dozen or so builds if you find a need to bisect something. And the *vast* majority of stuff will Work Just Fine even if the kernel version doesn't match the /usr userspace - there's not a lot of programs that actually *use* the new syscalls we've added since 3.10 or so, and glibc will paper over most of the mismatches. Of course, *some* stuff needs to be a match, but those usually require a *precise* uname match - 4.18.9-foo1 and 4.18.9-bar1 aren't matches for that sort of thing, and the version you need is probably in the tools/ subdirectory of the kernel source tree matching the running kernel. If 1 gigabyte is too space consuming, you have *bigger* problems to deal with....