On Fri, Jan 31, 2020 at 11:14 PM Jack Winch wrote: > Hi All, > > Just joined the mailing list (as I will no doubt be calling on the > community's expertise in the near future). I am looking to get my > hands dirty with some kernel development - mainly because I want to > improve my understanding of the kernel and I honestly believe that > getting involved will be a worthwhile investment of my time and will > also be highly educational. > > Over the next coming months, I shall be undertaking a more structured > approach to studying and gaining familiarity with the kernel source. > I will also be looking to get involved in some simple patch > development (e.g., simple janitorial type jobs), such that I can gain > some experience of the patch development and submission process. I am > aware that kernelnewbies.org typically lists some of these types of > job and that the kernel project has plenty of documentation and tips > from veteran contributors concerning these topics. > > Areas of particular interest to me include: > - Industrial I/O > - Device Driver Development > - 'Real-Time' Systems > - Time Synchronisation > - Networking & Communication Protocols > > If anyone knows of any newbie projects in these specific areas, then > it would be great to hear from you. > > Lastly, the Kernel Newbies website seems to be unavailable at the > moment (Google last cached the site on 31 Jan 2020 01:49:1 UTC). Any > idea when it will be available again? > > Rik maintains the website, I think. ccing him for an answer. Many Thanks, > Jack W. > > _______________________________________________ > Kernelnewbies mailing list > Kernelnewbies@kernelnewbies.org > https://lists.kernelnewbies.org/mailman/listinfo/kernelnewbies > -- Thank you Warm Regards Anuz