kernelnewbies.kernelnewbies.org archive mirror
From: Cindy Sue Causey <butterflybytes@gmail.com>
To: Kernel Newbies <kernelnewbies@kernelnewbies.org>
Subject: Re: Do I need strong mathematical bases to work in the memory subsystem?
Date: Wed, 16 Oct 2019 10:18:08 -0500	[thread overview]

On 10/2/19, Ruben Safir <ruben@mrbrklyn.com> wrote:
> On 10/2/19 11:35 PM, Valdis Klētnieks wrote:
>> On Wed, 02 Oct 2019 21:47:42 -0400, Ruben Safir said:
>>
>> I'm willing to bet that there's very few PhD's in CS listed in
>> MAINTAINERS.  And
>> those that are, are probably coincidental...
>
> I can't testify to that, but there are ton of Master Degree coders and a
> lot of mathamaticians.

Speaking from my own set of Shoes, some part of it is about being
attracted to something with discernible patterns.. predictable
patterns.. I don't know, words aren't quite pulling together this
morning, but..

Math and computers..

Maybe "logical" is the word I'm looking for.. If one has followed a
[building block] type of learning path for either Math or computers,
they're both actually... fun because they *can be* predictably
logical..

That is, if one has taken the logical path of learning either subject
via a [building block] type of education rather than trying to jump
off into the very deepest end first. *shakes head at self*

PS Linux From Scratch.. LFS.. I WISH I had found that first 20 years
ago before all others. It would have made a lot less sense (to me) in
that order, but all others after that would have made A LOT MORE sense
in its shadow. I think I learned about LFS from Kernel Newbies, from a
suggested further readings list or something, now that i think about
it, too. #ThankYou! :)

Cindy :)
--
* runs with birdseed *