On Fri, Jun 12, 2020 at 12:19:39PM +0300, Mike Rapoport wrote: > On Fri, Jun 12, 2020 at 11:18:52AM +0300, Laurent Pinchart wrote: > > This would however leave some developers in an uncomfortable situation. > > While writing documentation is no fun for most of us, it gets much worse > > for developers who are less fluent in English. Learning how to write > > good documentation is hard enough without having to also learn a new > > language. I think this is a problem that needs to be addressed on its > > own. > I think we should make a distinction between adding new documentation > and updating the existing one. I agree that writing documentation is not > easy, especially when you need to write it from scratch. But making > small amends to the existing documentation along with the code changes > so that docs and code would still much is not that difficult. > For such cases a request to have documentation update as a part of the > changes wouldn't be too much to ask. I wouldn't underestimate the barriers this can create for developers who are less fluent in English, take a browse through changelogs sometime. There's a big jump from being able to write understandable code and communicate what it's about to being able to write clear and useful documentation.