On Mon, Jun 27, 2022 at 03:28:40PM +0000, Liam Howlett wrote: > * Mauro Carvalho Chehab [220626 05:53]: > > Btw, once we fix the errors from the above checks, one of the things that > > could be done in order to avoid noisy doc builds would be to run this > > during normal Kernel build, if CONFIG_WERROR is set (and if .git is present > > at the source build dir): > > ./scripts/documentation-file-ref-check --warn > > ./scripts/get_abi.pl validate > > ./scripts/kernel-doc --none $(git grep kernel-doc $(git ls-files Documentation/|grep -v kernel-doc.rst)|perl -ne 'print "$1\n" if (m/kernel-doc::\s*(\S+)/);'|sort|uniq) That last one is quite the command line... > > aborting the build on such warnings. > > On my notebook (i5-10210U), the above takes ~8 seconds to run. So, it > > won't make much difference at the build time, and doing that would have > > avoided ~100 warnings during htmldocs build against current linux-next. > Couldn't we add this to the build bots and ask the authors to fix the > commits? There's reports for at least some of this for -next already, at least for newly introduced warnings. If we could get 0day or something else that picks stuff off the lists that would help a lot I think, as would getting it into the bots that people who like to fix up warnings tend to be using.