Stefan Weil schrieb: > Jan Kiszka schrieb: >> Michal Filka wrote: >>> Hi, >>> >>> I have question on i82557b emulation in kvm. >>> >>> I have run a proprietary operating system (Pharlap OS) in kvm. Part >>> of the job has been porting driver for i8255x. During the job I >>> discovered that kvm's emulation doesn't support a RNR interrupt (it >>> is disabled in the code). >>> >>> Why is it disabled? I'm running heavily loaded application and I have >>> to poll descriptor list instead of waiting for RNR interrupt. >> Best asked on qemu-devel, CC'ing the developer of this device model. >> >> Jan >> > > Hi, > > up to now, nobody complained about the missing RNR interrupts. > Linux obviously works without them, so I had no reason to > implement them. > > The disabled code parts (function eepro100_rnr_interrupt) > can be enabled, but you still need code which calls them > at the right places. > > This should not be very difficult if there is some test case > which proves the working RNR interrupt. > > Regards > Stefan > Hi Michal, could you please try the appended patch and tell me whether it works? Regards Stefan