On Wed, Jun 26, 2019 at 04:02:56PM +0100, Charles Keepax wrote: > This series attempts to align as much IRQ handling into the > probe path as possible. Note that I don't have a great setup > for testing these patches so they are mostly just build tested > and need careful review and testing before any of them are > merged. > > The series brings the ACPI path inline with the way the device > tree path handles the IRQ entirely at probe time. However, > it still leaves any IRQ specified through the board_info as > being handled at device time. In that case we need to cache > something from the board_info until probe time, which leaves > any alternative solution with something basically the same as > the current handling although perhaps caching more stuff. Ehrm, I somehow lost the cover-letter from v8, so I am replying here. Sorry for the noise. So, since all patches have the review from Mika and Andy (thanks!), I applied v8 now to for-next. I had a glimpse, too, and thought it was ready to go. But I didn't really review myself, I trust you guys. Thank you, Charles, for your efforts working on this one!