On Tue, Feb 12, 2019 at 08:20:46PM +0100, Stefan Agner wrote: > > I dropped both patches from my tree. > I think this is the wrong approach to disable DMA on those devices. The > device tree is supposed to describe the complete hardware. If the driver > is not ready to support DMA for that particular variant, we should add > this information in the driver. We have compatible strings for i.MX > 6UL/i.MX 7 to disable DMA accordingly. Yes, that seems sensible - it's vanishingly unlikely that there's any problem in the hardware here, it's software bugs and quirking in the driver seems better than changing the DT.