Hi, On Fri, Mar 01, 2019 at 07:48:15PM +0200, Georgi Djakov wrote: > On 2/11/19 17:02, Maxime Ripard wrote: > > The current DT bindings assume that the DMA will be performed by the > > devices through their parent DT node, and rely on that assumption for the > > address translation using dma-ranges. > > > > However, some SoCs have devices that will perform DMA through another bus, > > with separate address translation rules. We therefore need to express that > > relationship, through the special interconnect name "dma". > > > > Signed-off-by: Maxime Ripard > > --- > > Documentation/devicetree/bindings/interconnect/interconnect.txt | 3 +++ > > 1 file changed, 3 insertions(+) > > > > diff --git a/Documentation/devicetree/bindings/interconnect/interconnect.txt b/Documentation/devicetree/bindings/interconnect/interconnect.txt > > index 5a3c575b387a..e69fc2d992c3 100644 > > --- a/Documentation/devicetree/bindings/interconnect/interconnect.txt > > +++ b/Documentation/devicetree/bindings/interconnect/interconnect.txt > > @@ -51,6 +51,9 @@ interconnect-names : List of interconnect path name strings sorted in the same > > interconnect-names to match interconnect paths with interconnect > > specifier pairs. > > > > + Reserved interconnect names: > > + * dma: Path from the device to the main memory of the system > > Bikeshed: As it's from the device to the main memory, maybe here we can > also denote this my calling the path dma-mem or dma-memory. For other > paths, we are trying to mention both the source and the destination and > maybe it would be good to be consistent although this is special one. I'm not sure I understand what you mean. You'd like two interconnect names, one called dma-memory, and one memory-dma? Thanks! Maxime -- Maxime Ripard, Bootlin Embedded Linux and Kernel engineering https://bootlin.com