Hi Jerome, On 04/12/2019 14:03, Jerome Forissier wrote: [...] > Do you have a HiKey960 board at your disposal? Well, you can build the > whole stuff I'm using by following the OP-TEE build instructions [1], > just use 'hikey960' for ${TARGET} in the description. > > The scenario is simple: build, flash, power-cycle the board. That's it. > Default version boots fine (it's based on a v5.1 kernel), but checkout > Linux v5.4 instead and the login prompt never shows up on the UART console. > > Note, if you just want to build the kernel Image you may simply run > "make linux" instead of "make". > > [1] > https://optee.readthedocs.io/en/latest/building/gits/build.html#get-and-build-the-solution > Thank you for the instructions, I managed to successfully boot the latest mainline tree on the Hikey960. Full log in attachment. And even the poweroff sequence looks fine to me. Could you please try to follow the following steps and verify that it works for you as well? 1. Download op-tee version 3.7.0. 2. Enter the linux directory and add the remote git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/torvalds/linux.git 3. Rebase the 3.7.0 branch kernel of linux master. 4. Build and Flash op-tee. It should boot and have no issues on init. What I noticed is that the optee provided kernel is not a 5.1 but a 5.1 plus some patches. > > Thanks, > -- Regards, Vincenzo